Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Cozi Family Organizer- Now everyone will know who goes where and when- no more missed appointments!

When I was a kid three million years ago, I played little league baseball, participated in scouting, worked as a camp counselor and acted in a few of my high school plays. Busy, but not overly so. For today's kids, this kind of schedule is considered sparse and boring. My kids- and by extension our family- is on the go nearly everyday with soccer, church, friends, school, parent's work, doctor's appointments, dance, gym, swimming and many, many other activities.

Just writing about it makes me tired. 

Normally, my wife is the record keeper of all activities and writes them down on our paper calendar hanging in the kitchen. This is the place of record for everything we do and, according to my wife, "If it isn't written here, it doesn't exist.". It works, but only to a point. Whenever I'm at work, out and about or just not at home, that calendar is useless to me and I'm often left in the dark about the activities of my family. 

Well, our family is moving into the tech age with our use of a family organizing application called Cozi.
Now, all of my excuses to the wife are null and void.
(cozi.com)

With this app, you'll be able to see at a glance the schedule of everyone in the family. Each person is color coded on the calendar display for easy reference and Cozi will even e-mail and/or text you before a scheduled event to remind you so you don't end up in the doghouse with the wife...not that I know what that's like, mind you!

Additionally, Cozi helps the busy family prepare shopping lists, meal plans, online family journal and more. And should a laptop or desktop computer not be available while you are on these many scheduled events, Cozi has mobile apps for iPhone, Android and Blackberry that allow you to keep track, make changes and review all of the information Cozi uses to keep you and your family on schedule. It's all free too.

This app appears simple on its face and that's the beauty of it. Simple to use, simple to read and simple to change, Cozi keeps your family on time, all the time.

And for families like mine, we say it's about time too.

Go to the Cozi site here to learn more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers